Salem Community College and Aspen University have established an agreement to facilitate transfer. Graduates of SCC’s Associate in Applied Science Nursing program who have earned no less than a “C” grade in any course, possess an unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license, and meet the other application requirements of Aspen University, shall:
- be awarded 60 nursing course credits in recognition of possession of an unencumbered RN license;
- be awarded 27 general education transfer credits for the following courses: BIO 211, BIO 220, BIO 221, ENG 101, ENG 102, PSY 101, PSY 111, SOC 101;
- be pre-approved for acceptance into Aspen University’s 10-course (30 credit) Bachelor of Science in Nursing Completion Program (RN to BSN);
- receive a 10 percent tuition discount for the RN to BSN program.
Aspen University’s RN-BSN degree requires a total of 120 credits: 30 general education credits, 60 nursing course credits plus the 30 credits earned in the Aspen University RN-to-BSN completion program.
If fewer than 30 general education transfer credits are earned in Salem’s Associate in Applied Science Nursing program, it will be necessary for students to:
- submit transcripts confirming the completion of the balance of 30 general education courses earning no less than a “C” grade in any course from other accredited institutions, or
- complete additional general education courses with a “C” grade or higher at Salem Community College, or at Aspen University, or at another accredited institution.
For information about Aspen University, visit www.aspen.edu.