Associate in Applied Science
The only Associate in Applied Science degree program of its kind in the nation, Scientific Glass Technology (SGT) introduces students to the necessary skills and techniques to construct scientific glass apparatus for university laboratories, industrial research and production.
SGT students perform advanced fabrication techniques and assemble functioning apparatus to extract, filter and distill. Students also explore technical drawing processes and CAD.
Scientific glassblowers are in high demand and are well paid. Graduates of the SGT program have earned jobs at a variety of employers such as the National Institutes of Health, Yale University, University of Delaware, Chemglass and Procter & Gamble.
- CSC 115 Computer Applications
- ENG 101 English Composition I
- SGT 113 Introduction to Scientific Glass
- Humanities Elective
- ENG 122 Business and Occupational Writing
- SGT 114 Basic Apparatus Fabrication
- SGT 115 Technical Drawing and CAD for Glassblowers
- Social Science Elective
- BUS 102 Introduction to Business
- CHM 130 Basic and Organic Chemistry I
- SGT 210 Advanced Fabrication I
- Open Elective
- CHM 108 Organic Chemistry for Glassblowers
- FNA 120 Cold Glass Assemblage & Surface Treatment
- SGT 211 Advanced Fabrication II
- Mathematics Elective