The Bursar/Student Accounts Office is responsible for tuition assessment, generating and distributing tuition bills, accepting payments, refunds, collections management, and more.
Some common items are below.
Tuition - Tuition is the cost of a registered classes. (Tuition & Fees)
Viewing Your Bill - You can access your bill on the Power Campus Self-Service Portal
Making Payments - We accept a variety of payment methods: online (via the Self-Service Portal), by mail, and in-person at the Cashier's window of the Bursar/Student Accounts Office.
Payment Plans - A payment plan for each semester is available through Power Campus Self-Service Portal. There is a one-time payment plan fee of $22.00 each semester.
Refunds - Refunds are processed when Financial Aid funds are disbursed and there is a credit balance on the student's bill after all tuition and fees have been paid. Students are entitled to receive this refund for other educational expenses such as books, school supplies, rent and other expenses associated with pursuing higher education. The Federal government requires a college or university to refund these Financial Aid Funds to students within a 14 day period from the time the funds are posted to the student's account. Refunds may also be issued due to changes on the student's account. (ex: overpayment by the student or other sources)
FERPA - Please complete this document if you want to allow us permission to speak to those you indicate regarding your student account.
Bursar/Student Accounts Office - Our commitment to our students is to answer your questions and inquiries accurately and timely, or guide you to the proper area that may be able to do so. This may require additional information, release forms, investigation or time. Therefore, we may take your name and number and return your call once we've researched the necessary information.
Financial Aid Office
If you are looking for assistance in funding your Salem Community College educational experience, the Financial Aid Office will be glad to review your options with you regarding loans, grants and scholarships. Please discuss your financial aid matters with the Financial Aid office directly.
Salem Community College is pleased to offer electronic billing (eBill) to students! This web-based system replaces paper bills with itemization of tuition charges and credits listed on a secure web site (accessed via Power Campus Self-Service Portal). Here is what to expect...
Automatic e-mail notification to students when new bills are issued or payments are made
Current and past bills showing financial aid, payments and tuition/fee charges
Students can allow parents and third-parties (authorized users) access to view their bills and make payments for them
Ability to schedule one-time or repeating payments with valid credit card
Students may designate access to parents and third-parties by setting up an authorized payor using e-mail address, username, and passwords. You can setup personal profile, which can include an alternate e-mail address.
Additional useful information is below including the steps to view the bill and print a bill.
View/Print your bill in the Self-Service Portal
- Log onto the Self-Service Portal
- Click on Finances, then Make a Payment (Cashnet)
- Click on view bills
- Click on the View tab for the billing statement needed
- Click on the Print icon and print bill
Please note: The amounts due on Power Campus Self-Service Portal page under "Your Account" is your current balance which is a cumulative balance of all charges, fees and payments (credits). Please review the actual bill to make sure all anticipated aid has been applied. Do not assume you have Financial Aid - you must see it on the bill as anticipated or credit. Contact Financial Aid office if it is not showing on your bill.
New students please refer to your acceptance letter for information on setting up username and password for IT related items (self-service portal, email, etc.)
All students are expected to pay their tuition bills by the due date indicated on the bill. Non-receipt of a bill does not relieve the student from paying/submitting the bill payment by the due date.
In order for any Financial Aid to be credited to the student account, it must be approved and certified by the Financial Aid Office.
A student's Financial Aid package may change even after the funds have disbursed, the bill has been pass do and even after the student has received a refund. There are many factors that affect your eligibility.
It is the responsibility of all students to monitor their student accounts regularly throughout the semester to ensure all anticipated financial aid awards are disbursed and their account balance is paid in full.
Prior Term Debts
Prior term debts, MUST be paid by you (out of pocket). All previous balances must be paid in full in order to register for a future semester. Per Federal Regulation, Salem Community College is allowed to deduct $200 from current federal funds to pay a prior year balance and will exercise that right every semester if necessary.
Online Payment option
Current students can make payment through Power Campus Self-Service Portal.
- Log into the Self-Service Portal using your student username and password.
- Click on the Finances tab and then Make a Payment tab:
- To make a payment, click on the "Make a Payment" link under the "Your Account" section.
- Click on the "Balance" link to start the payment process. Enter the amount you wish to pay and click the "Add to Shopping Cart" button.
- Once done, click on continue shopping or checkout.
- Review your order and click checkout.
- Select the payment method of either credit card or electronic check. Once your selection has been made, click on the "Continue Checkout" button.
- Enter your account information and click the "Continue Checkout" button.
- Verify that all information is correct, then click the "Submit Payment" button.
Office Payment Options
The Bursar/Student Accounts office accepts Checks, Money Orders, Credit Cards and cash at the Student Accounts' window. Payments may be mailed (except cash) to us at the address below. Please ensure that the student's name and ID number is clearly stated on any correspondence for accurate processing. All payments are due by the due date, please do not mail on the due date. Make checks payable to: Salem Community College.
Salem Community College, 460 Hollywood Avenue, Carneys Point, NJ 08069
After hours, you can use the drop box next to the Bursar/Student Accounts window to make a payment.
Please be advised that a late payment fee of $25 will be assessed each month if not paid by the due date.
Salem Community College allows students to pay their term bill charges in convenient monthly payments. By planning early students can include their college payments in their monthly household budget, which allows them to avoid the large, lump sum payment due at the beginning of each semester. A payment plan is setup by the student or parent.
Payment Plan Option
Self-Service Portal/Cashnet Plan is an automatic payment plan of 5 equal payments (based on the enrollment date). The enrollment fee for this plan is $22 due at the time of sign up.
Once logged on to the Self-Service portal:
- Click on "Finances"
- Click on "Make a Payment"
- Click on "Installment Payment Plan" and follow the instructions
- Click on the appropriate link for the payment plan for your term. These links are located under the "Installment Payment Plans" section.
- You will be taken to a screen that provides the details of the payment plan. Once you have reviewed this information, check the "I Agree" box and then click "Accept"
- You will now be taken to the payment screen. Follow the steps for making a payment to complete the transaction.
- Once your payment has been processed, you will be taken to the final confirmation screen. The date and amount of your next installment is contained within this message. Click "Return to Your Account page" to go back to the home page of the ePayment Portal.
There are two types of refunds processed by the Bursar/Student Accounts office:
A refund of overpayment
Withdrawal and Financial Aid Refund
Application and registration fees are not refundable. However, in the event that a course is cancelled by the College, all related tuitionand fees will be refunded. No tuition or fee refunds will be issued if the student withdraws after the drop/add period. Students on the payment plan must still pay in full after the drop/add period.
Refunds arre processed at the Bursar/Student Accounts office. If a refund is not picked up within 2 weeks, the refund check will be mailed to the billing address on record.
The tuition and fee refund schedule is:
- 100% of tuition and fees (except registration fee) returned for withdrawal before the first day of the semester/session.
- 50% of tuition and fees returned for withdrawal during the drop/add period.
Financial Aid Refund
All aid is credited to a student's account. After all institutional charges are deducted, reimbursement monies for miscellanenous edutcational expenses are disbursed to students after midterm and after attendance has been verified.
The federal government requires a college or university to refund this money to students within a 14 day period from the time the funds are posted to the student's account.
Electronic Refund (e-refund)
The new eRefund system offers SCC students a faster, more secure means of receiving Financial Aid and student account refunds. It's easy to enroll. To sign up, follow the quick step-by-step instructions.
- If you have not already done so, establish a U.S. checking or savings account at any financial institution that is a member of the Automated Clearing House and participates in the direct deposit program.
- Log into the SCC Self-Service portal.
- Once logged in, click on the tab labeled "Finances".
- Next, click on the link labeled "Make a Payment". This will take you to the ePayment portal.
- Click on the link labeled "Click here to enroll in eRefund".
- Check the box next to "Yes, I want refunds deposited directly into my bank account".
- Click "Continue".
- For this next step you will need your bank routing number and account number. If you need to know where to locate this information, click the link "What are my Routing and Account Numbers?".
- Once you have the information ready, enter your information into each field and click "Continue".
- After reading the terms and conditions, click the check-box next to "I agree" and then click "Submit".
You are now enrolled and will receive all refunds through direct deposit. Click "Return to Your Account Page" to go back to the main menu. You can withdraw at any time by clicking "Withdraw from eRefund" button.