Career Services supports students through recruitment, academic and career advisement, and the development and maintenance of internship placements. Not only do partners in business and industry keep SCC informed of internship and employment opportunities, they pass along business training needs too.
We assist Salem Community College students in developing the skills necessary to achieve career success, from exploring occupations that relate to a major, to identifying possible pathways to a desired career.
For more information, stop by Donaghay Hall room DON110 or contact:
Find your career based on your interests!
Videos that enlighten and instruct!
College Central Network
What is Career Coach?
Salem Community College is proud to announce the launch of EMSI's Career Coach. This platform delivers career and academic program information to our current and potential students as well as the extended community including parents and our partners in the County’s schools.
Career Coach features:
- Anyone can use the site without creating an account. Creating an account using any email address allows the user to create a profile, conduct and save career assessments, browse and save careers and academic programs, manage a resume, and apply to job postings.
- Users have the option of taking either a 6-question or 60-questions assessment. Users have the option of downloading the assessment as a PDF or save the assessment to their account. Career Coach also suggests careers and programs based on the user's assessment.
- Users can browse careers and occupations organized in clusters scored in relation to their assessment. Each career in turn includes salary information and education requirements.
- Clicking on the career provides additional salary information, job openings, and associated academic programs offered by the College. This also includes an idea of the responsibilities of the occupation, wages, expected education levels, employment outlook, commonly requested skills, and live job postings from the region.
- Clicking on program info takes you to Salem Community College's associated academic programs on our website.
- All location-informed information is filtered based on the College’s service area. The default comprises counties adjacent to Salem County including New Castle, Gloucester, and Cumberland. The user also has the option to filter to Salem County only or the eleven county region encompassing Philadelphia, Delaware, and New Castle counties as well as all of Southern New Jersey below and including Burlington.
- Users can create, save, and export a form-based resume to Microsoft Word. The user can additionally maintain up to 6 different resumes and use those to apply to jobs posted on the site.
- Regional and local employers can also post employment opportunities for our students and the community. Employers and their jobs must be approved by the College prior to posting.
"Students with solid career plans can use their college time and dollars more effectively. A desired career should be in every student's mind as early as possible. We're building a career services program at SCC in which EVERY student can take advantage of our resources to (a) know what they want to do in the future and (b) map out a path that gets them there"