The Accuplacer placement test provides information about students’ English and Math skills. Results are used to place students in the appropriate-level course(s). *More information about Accuplacer is available at www.collegeboard.com.
To register for Accuplacer, please call the Admissions Office at 856.351.2716
Salem Community College has created some helpful material that can prepare you for the Accuplacer test. Please review the documentation if you are taking the Accuplacer test.
PREP BEFORE YOU TEST!
Register for the Accuplacer
To register to take the Accuplacer, you must first submit an online admissions application two weeks prior to scheduling placement testing. The test takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete. Students must bring a government-issued photo ID. Then call 856-351-2703 or 856-351-2716 to reserve a seat for testing.
Who must take the Accuplacer Test?
- All new degree/certificate-seeking students
- All non-degree students who wish to take a math or English course or any other course that has a math or English prerequisite
- Students who tested more than three years ago but did not enroll in courses.
Who is exempt from taking the Accuplacer test?
- Students who present proof of completion of the Accuplacer Test at another N.J. college (within three years). May be exempt.
- Students who present proof (transcript or grade report) of successfully completing a college-level math and English course at another college.
- Students who provide proof of having taken the SAT within the past three years with a score of 540 or higher in the critical reading section are exempt from the English Accuplacer test.
- Students who provide proof of having taken the SAT, within the past three years with a score of 530 of higher in mathematics, are exempt from the math accuplacer test.
- Students who have completed high school with a 3.0 or higher G.P.A. (out of 4.0) are exempt.
- Current high school juniors and seniors with a 3.0 or higher G.P.A. (out of 4.0) are exempt.