The Academic Support Lab is located in Contini Hall Room CON206. Staff offers a variety of services to help students achieve success in their courses.
Contact the ASL
- assist students to develop learning and study strategies,
- help students manage their time, and
- offer tutoring and supplemental instruction.
Tutoring support offers:
Walk-in tutoring for:
- Developmental math
- College-level math
- Developmental and college-level English
- Social Sciences
- Computer Applications
- Writing for all subject areas
Tutoring for other subjects by request
In each tutoring session you can expect to:
- Meet one-on-one or in a small study group with a tutor based on the course, your specific need or the specific assignment.
- Gain an understanding of the material taught in class.
- Develop learning strategies to help improve in-class understanding and study skills to help you prepare for exams.
To make your tutoring session successful, come prepared with:
- Course syllabus and assignments
- Textbook and other supplemental materials that you are currently using in class
- Pencil, pen and paper
- Calculator for math
- Your questions and concerns
The Tutoring Lab’s writing specialist offers writing assistance in all subject matters. The writing specialist can help you:
- organize your thoughts,
- develop a strong thesis,
- use APA or MLA formatting correctly and
- cite sources correctly.