The Academic Support Lab is located on the first floor of Contini Hall room CON118. Student Success Programs staff offers a variety of services to help students achieve success in their courses.
Contact the ASL
or stop by CON118 to make an appointment.
- assist students to develop learning and study strategies,
- help students manage their time, and
- offer tutoring and supplemental instruction.
Tutoring support offers:
One-on-one tutoring by appointment for:
- College-level math
- Social Sciences
- Computer Applications
Walk-in tutoring for:
- Developmental math
- Developmental and college-level English
- Writing for all subject areas
Tutoring for other subjects by request
The Tutoring Lab staff consists of Student Success Coaches and tutors. Student Success Coaches are trained professionals who provide tutoring services, teach students about learning strategies for specific courses, facilitate academic success workshops, and provide supplemental instruction for developmental English and math courses.
Tutors are typically graduate students, adjunct faculty or professionals working in a related field and are considered subject-matter experts.
In each tutoring session you can expect to:
- Meet one-on-one or in a small study group with a Student Success Coach or tutor based on the course, your specific need or the specific assignment.
- Gain an understanding of the material taught in class.
- Develop learning strategies to help improve in-class understanding and study skills to help you prepare for exams.
To make your tutoring session successful, come prepared with:
- Course syllabus and assignments
- Textbook and other supplemental materials that you are currently using in class
- Pencil, pen and paper
- Calculator for math
- Your questions and concerns
The Tutoring Lab’s writing specialist offers writing assistance in all subject matters. The writing specialist can help you:
- organize your thoughts,
- develop a strong thesis,
- use APA or MLA formatting correctly and
- cite sources correctly.