Student Complaints & Conflict Resolutions
In the event a student has a dispute over an assigned course grade or course practice, the Conflict Resolution process as outlined below must be followed:
- Obtain and complete a Conflict Resolution Form.
- Request a meeting with the instructor within four weeks of the event occurrence.
Complaints brought forth after the designated timeframe will be dismissed.
- Discuss the issue with the instructor. (Proceed to next step if the instructor is no longer working at the College). If the matter is resolved, the process ends and there is no need for further processing of the Conflict Resolution Form.
- If the issue is not resolved, the student may request a meeting with an Academic Affairs representative within two weeks of the discussion with the instructor. Students may schedule an appointment with the Director of Nursing or the appropriate Academic Dean by calling (856)351.2670. Appointments are usually scheduled within one week.
- Discuss all evidence related to unresolved issue. A completed Conflict Resolution Form documenting the previous discussion with the faculty member is required.
- If the issue is still not resolved, the student may request a meeting with the Chief Academic Officer within one week of the date of the meeting with an Academic Affairs representative. The student must provide a complete conflict resolution form indicating prior meetings and/or discussions with the instructor and the appropriate Academic Affairs representative and any other necessary documentation to the Office of Chief Academic Officer. The Chief Academic Officer will schedule a meeting with the student within one month of receiving the student's request, review all relevant facts and render a final decision.
Failure to follow this process as outlined will result in the dismissal of your complaint.
Upon completion of your Conflict Resolution Form, please bring it to the Academic Affairs office in Tillis Hall room TIL215.