On Tuesday 12/22/2020 the College suffered a flood in an electrical sub-basement in the Tillis Building. This flood did not reach the College’s datacenter but did require the shutdown of our computer infrastructure. We expect all services to be online by the end of business on Monday, 12/28/2020. Work is currently ongoing for the restoration of services.
The following services will be unavailable during this outage:
- Microsoft Exchange (staff email)
- Canvas LMS
- Scholarships (scholarships)
- Office 365
- Microsoft Teams
- Radius CRM
- PowerCampus Self-Service
- PowerCampus Client
- PowerFaids Client
- Great Plains ERP
- Google Apps
- Google Student Email
The following services are unaffected by this outage:
- Salem Community College website
Information for Students
- Final grades will be unavailable until services are restored and grades have been entered. This process should resume at the end of business 12/28/2020. Please allow time for all grades to be entered.
- Faculty will not be able to respond to student email or Canvas messages until services are restored.
- Canvas services will be available if accessed through the Canvas Student App if it was configured prior to the outage.
- Students will be able to register for classes for the spring semester on 12/29/2020.
- Students will be able to access CashNet to make payment on 12/29/2020.
- Students will be able to access Canvas, Google Apps, Self-Service, and student email on 12/29/2020.
Information for Faculty and Adjuncts
- Any services that require single sign-on as listed above will be unavailable until services are restored on 12/29/2020.
- Canvas services will be available if accessed through the Canvas Teacher App if it was configured prior to the outage.
- Please resume the posting of grades once services are restored.
Information for Staff
- Payroll for this pay period will be processed as normal.
- Check this website, text messages, or your supervisor for updates regarding the restoration of services.