Salem Community College uses the National Student Clearinghouse to provide online transcript ordering. The Clearinghouse allows SCC to better serve the needs of current and former students through:
- Convenient 24/7 ordering access
- Secure transactions
- Automatic order updates via email
- Online order tracking
*Online transcript requests submitted on the weekends or while the College is closed, will be processed in the order received when the College re-opens. U.S. mail is the standard method of delivery.
NOTE: Salem Community College DOES NOT accept e-mail, fax or phone requests for transcripts. In addition, the College does not email or fax transcripts.
National Student ClearingHouse
click here to get started
Online Transcript Requests:
To request a transcript, current, previous students and alumni must:
- Log on to the National Student Clearinghouse website.
- Complete the required information.
- Place the order and submit payment online using any major credit/debit card.
- Upload additional documents (scholarship applications, law school or nursing forms, etc.) through the National Student Clearinghouse in .doc, .pdf, or .jpeg formats only. Please ensure that the document is in its final state before uploading. SCC does not accept responsibility for coordinating changes or amendments to uploaded documents that the requestor is responsible for completing.
- Submit the consent form electronically to the Clearinghouse. A signed consent form is required in order to process your transcript request.
- Order updates will be emailed to notify requestors when SCC has received and processed the order. Requestors can also check order status or history online. Payments will be processed after the order has been completed. Please allow 3 – 5 business days for processing. Processing time does not include delivery time. Delivery time will depend on where the transcripts are being sent and timeliness of the U.S. Postal Service. Processing times are not guaranteed during peak periods.
Online Payment and Delivery Options
Pay with American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa credit/debit card.
Cost per transcript: $7.25 for “Hold for Pickup” option.
Processing time: 3-5 business days.
Cost per transcript: $7.25 for “Mail” option.
Processing time: 3-5 business days via U.S. mail.
Same-Day Pick Up
Same-day pick up service: $12.25
Requests received before noon (EST) on a College business day can be picked up the same day in the Student Affairs Office (Donaghay Hall) at 3 p.m. (EST) when the "Rush – Hold for Pickup" option is chosen on the Clearinghouse site.
Same-day mail service: $12.25
Requests received before noon (EST) on a College business day will be mailed within one business day when the “Rush – Mail” option is chosen on the Clearinghouse site. U.S. mail is the standard delivery method.
Salem Community College is not responsible for mail lost by the U.S. Postal Service or the receiving institution. It is highly recommended that students follow-up with the receiving institution to ensure that transcripts are received and correctly routed.