Welcome to SCC’s Career Opportunities page!
Salem Community College has a paperless application process for employment. All applications must be submitted online. All positions are posted until they are filled.
Applications are stored on a secure site and only authorized employees will have access.
- Candidates should apply online by filling out an application and uploading a resume (required), a cover letter, and unofficial transcripts (if applicable).
- A Search Committee and Human Resources will review completed applications after the posted deadline (or continually when there is no deadline specified).
- Qualified candidates whose background, experience and education are compatible with the position will be contacted for additional information or to schedule an appointment for an interview.
NEW JERSEY RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS
Salem Community College complies with the “New Jersey First Act”(Senate Bill No. 1730, P.L. 2011, Chap. 70), which sets out certain requirements regarding the state of residence of New Jersey public employees. As of September 1, 2011 any new employee hired by the College must, within 365 days of hire, have or establish his or her sole principal residence in the State of New Jersey and must maintain such principal residence during his or her employment with the College.
Note that this residency requirement does not apply to any person who is employed at the College on a temporary or per-semester basis as a visiting professor, teacher, lecturer, or researcher. By way of further possible exemption, the hire and retention of non-New Jersey residents by institutions of higher learning such as the College may be permitted for positions annually designated by the College which require certain highly specialized skills and qualifications. The law also provides that any person may petition a State committee for an exemption from the requirements based on critical need or hardship.
SALEM COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROHIBITS DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, CREED, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, AGE, GENDER, MARITAL STATUS, FAMILIAL STATUS, RELIGION, AFFECTIONAL OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION, ATYPICAL HEREDITARY CELLULAR OR BLOOD TRAIT, GENETIC INFORMATION, LIABILITY FOR SERVICE IN THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES, OR DISABILITY. IT IS COMMITTED TO A PROGRAM OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION COMPLIANCE WITH TITLE IX.
- Adjunct Nursing Instructor - Theory/Lab/Clinical
- Adjunct Faculty - Energy (Solar & Auditing Energy Technology)