Disability Support Services
The Office of Disability Support Services offers a range of services to both support and accommodate students with disabilities to succeed in their academic programs. The process involves three steps:
Upon determination of eligibility, the DSC will work with the student to determine the appropriate accommodations.
These accommodations are put into an accommodation plan which is then presented to each student’s instructors. Information is held in strict confidence and is only shared with identified staff and professionals on a need-to-know basis.
In this process, students, faculty and the DSC enter into a partnership, sharing the responsibilities and actions necessary to identify and implement the accommodations that support the needs of each student. Please see our FAQs section for more information or contact the DSC.
In addition to determining eligibility and developing accommodation plans, the Office of Disability Support provides other services to support the success of students with disabilities. They include:
- Academic and career advising;
- Technology solutions;
- Consultation regarding study skills;
- Assistance with finding electronic and audio versions of texts;
- Assistance in finding community resources for learning or mental health evaluations;
- Working with faculty in implementing accommodation plans;
- Serving as a liaison between faculty and students, as needed;
- Assisting students in formulating a student success plan; and
- Facilitating accommodations requiring collaboration with Student Success Programs.