What is FOCUS 2?
FOCUS 2 is an online interactive, self-guided career and education planning system designed to help you make decisions about your future career goals and education plans.
FOCUS 2 will guide you through an interactive process enabling you to:
- Assess your career planning readiness, work interests, values, skills, personality type and leisure time interests.
- Broaden your career options and discover occupations matching your personal preferences and attributes.
- Decide which career fields, majors and training programs are best for you.
- Plan the career and educational pathway that will support your personal needs and goals.
WHEN SHOULD YOU USE FOCUS 2?
Use FOCUS 2 throughout your college years and also as an alumnus. FOCUS 2 can be used in different ways throughout all stages of your education and career planning according to your needs.
If you are in the early stages of your college career or are undecided about what you want to do, use FOCUS 2 to:
- Understand the career planning process
- Learn about yourself through self-assessments
- Explore majors at your college that match your interests and support your career goals
- Explore career fields and occupations that appeal to you
- Make informed decisions about your major and career
- Develop an action plan
If you are closer to graduation, have graduated or want to explore additional career or educational opportunities, use FOCUS 2 for:
- Ongoing career exploration and awareness
- Tracking experience and skills that you’ve gained
- Make career plans
- Plan for advanced education and training
HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO USE FOCUS 2?
Typically the time spent by students the first time they use FOCUS 2 ranges from 1 to 2 hours. Of course, you can spend as much time as you need. The Career Readiness & Self Assessments modules of FOCUS 2 can usually be completed in approximately 45 minutes. You can log in at any time to spend additional time researching 1,000 occupational choices and viewing career videos. A good strategy after using FOCUS 2 is to think about your results and discuss your ideas with the career advisor or your faculty advisor. You can continue to use FOCUS 2 as an ongoing resource throughout your academic years and as an alumnus.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Use FOCUS 2 online on any PC or MAC computer or IPAD anywhere, anytime.
- FOCUS 2 always saves your results. • Use FOCUS 2 as often as you wish.
- You can change your mind about earlier choices, repeat a section and explore new options.
- Your results are stored online and are always available to you and your career advisor.
- Use the system features in any order.
TRACK YOUR INFORMATION USING THE STUDENT WORKBOOK
The Focus 2 Student Workbook is designed to help you synthesize the knowledge you gain from FOCUS 2, your goals, and your responses to the activities. While you can access your information in the FOCUS 2 System at any time, the workbook will more easily allow you to see how all the pieces of information fit together.
SETTING UP YOUR FOCUS 2 ACCOUNT
Create your account by linking to the FOCUS 2 self-registration page
Enter the FOCUS 2 Access Code: Oaks
Complete the registration form. You must use your SCC student email address to access FOCUS2.
Log in to your FOCUS 2 account at any time with your username and password.
If you forget your user name and password, go to FOCUS 2 log in page and click on the link to have it emailed to you.
Visit any of the following sites to assist with your research, preparation and search strategies, whether you are seeking your first full-time job or going through a career or job change.
- Pharmacy Technician Information
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Job Start 101
- New Jersey Next Stop - Your Career
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- US Money Careers
Click here to visit our community job board for employment opportunities in or near Salem County!