If you are unfamiliar with online courses at SCC, please visit the Canvas Online Student Orientation.
All Salem Community College online classes, including hybrid, use Canvas, SCC’s Learning Management System (LMS). Students registered in any class that uses Canvas are automatically given a Canvas account. To log in, use your full student email address as the user name (example: email@example.com) and your Student ID as the password (make sure to use a capital ‘P’, example: P000012345)
For Canvas Support:
If you have any questions or would like to report an issue, please do not hesitate to contact the helpdesk for assistance. This can be accomplished one of three ways:
- Submit a ticket online via the SCC Help Desk.
- Email your issue to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 856-351-2671 to reach one of our technicians.
For trouble logging into Canvas:
- Go to the SCC Canvas Login page.
- Click Don’t know your password?
- Type in your SCC email (i.e. email@example.com)
- Click Request Password
- Check your SCC email for the link to reset your password
CANVAS REQUIREMENTS (Necessary for ALL online courses):
- A minimum of 1024x600. That is the average size of a netbook. You probably won't want to view Canvas on a smaller screen than that.
- Windows XP SP3 and newer, or Mac OSX 10.6 and newer or Linux – chromeOS.
- iOS 5 and newer or Android 2.3 and newer.
- Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible.
- Minimum 1GB of RAM.
- Minimum 2GHz processor.
Along with compatibility and web standards, Canvas has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments.
- Minimum of 512kbps.
Latest version of JAWS for Internet Explorer 9 & 10 and Firefox or latest version of VoiceOver for Safari
There is no screen reader support for Chrome