If you are unfamiliar with online courses at SCC, please visit the Canvas Online Student Orientation.
ALL STUDENTS ENROLLED IN CANVAS ONLINE, HYBRID AND WEB-ENABLED COURSES:
SCC students in Canvas will now sign into the SCC Online Services Portal to access Canvas with the following username and password:
To access Canvas using a personal device:
Username: Your “FULL” SCC student ID# (Example, P0000xxxxx)
Password: Password chosen by student (or assigned at registration) to access SCC self service
NOTE: THIS IS THE SAME USERNAME AND PASSWORD YOU CURRENTLY USE TO SIGN INTO YOUR EMAIL AND SELF SERVICE
To access Canvas on campus using an SCC computer:
Sign on to the computer (using the username and password noted above)
Navigate to the SCC website. Hover your mouse over CURRENT STUDENTS and click on "Online Services".
Click on the "Canvas" link located on the left-hand side navigation.
Click on the Canvas Logo (below) to access the SCC Online Services Portal. (This will automatically log you in to the portal)
Finally, click on the Canvas logo to access your Canvas account.
All Salem Community College online classes, including hybrid, use Canvas, SCC’s Learning Management System (LMS). Students registered in any class that uses Canvas are automatically given a Canvas account.
For Canvas Support:
If you have any questions or would like to report an issue, please do not hesitate to contact the helpdesk for assistance. This can be accomplished one of three ways:
- Submit a ticket online via the SCC Help Desk.
- Email your issue to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 856-351-2671 to reach one of our technicians.
For trouble logging into Canvas:
- Canvas utulizes your SCC Portal password. If you need to reset this password, visit the Password Management page and click "forgot password".
- If you need assistance resetting your password, call the SCC Help Desk at (856)351.2671.
CANVAS REQUIREMENTS (Necessary for ALL online courses):
- A minimum of 1024x600. That is the average size of a netbook. You probably won't want to view Canvas on a smaller screen than that.
- Windows XP SP3 and newer, or Mac OSX 10.6 and newer or Linux – chromeOS.
- iOS 5 and newer or Android 2.3 and newer.
- Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible.
- Minimum 1GB of RAM.
- Minimum 2GHz processor.
Along with compatibility and web standards, Canvas has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments.
- Minimum of 512kbps.
Latest version of JAWS for Internet Explorer 9 & 10 and Firefox or latest version of VoiceOver for Safari
There is no screen reader support for Chrome