If you are unfamiliar with online courses at SCC, please visit the Canvas Online Student Orientation at https://training.instructure.com/courses/347469/modules.
All Salem Community College online classes, including hybrid, use Canvas, SCC’s Learning Management System (LMS). Students registered in any class that uses Canvas are automatically given a Canvas account.To log in, use your full student email address as the user name (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) and your Student ID as the password (make sure to use a capital ‘P’, example: P000012345)
For Canvas support:If you have any questions or would like to report an issue, please do not hesitate to contact the helpdesk for assistance. This can be accomplished one of three ways:
1. Submit a ticket online via https://helpdesk.salemcc.edu/
2. Email your issue to email@example.com
3. Call 856-351-2671 to reach one of our technicians.
For trouble logging into Canvas:
- Go to Canvas at http://salemcc.instructure.com
- Click Don’t know your password?
- Type in your SCC email (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click Request Password
- Check your SCC email for the link to reset your password
CANVAS REQUIREMENTS (Necessary for ALL online courses)
- A minimum of 1024x600. That is the average size of a netbook. You probably won't want to view Canvas on a smaller screen than that.
- Windows XP SP3 and newer, or Mac OSX 10.6 and newer or Linux – chromeOS
- iOS 5 and newer or Android 2.3 and newer
- Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible
- 1GB of RAM
- 2GHz processor
Along with compatibility and web standards, Canvas has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments.
· Minimum of 512kbps
· Latest version of JAWS for Internet Explorer 9 & 10 and Firefox or latest version of VoiceOver for Safari
- There is no screen reader support for Chrome