What services are available at the Salem Community College Library?
The Library’s collection includes books, e-Books, periodicals, audiovisual items, streaming videos and online databases, as well as other materials selected to support and enrich SCC's academic programs. General information and electronic resources are accessible through the Library’s web page.
- Over 15,000 circulating books and DVDs;
- Over 45,000 downloadable e-Books;
- Over 25,000 streaming videos available through Films on Demand;
- 60+ online subscription databases and encyclopedias which offer access to general, art related, business, legal and nursing/allied health periodicals. Most databases can be accessed from home with student ID number.
- The ability to search the library catalog online with LOGIN.
- Online access to the current collection through the LOGIN network, with online borrowing privileges at 23 libraries in Salem, Cumberland, and Gloucester counties.
- Inter-library loans with Jersey Cat: a statewide union catalog that offers loan services from NJ academic, public, and school libraries.
- APA and MLA guides.
- In person instruction on how to use the library.
- Online and in-person tutorials on how to use the digital services.
- Access to Delaware Art Museum, Penn Museum – University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, and Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts with the Museum Pass Program.
- Contemporary Glass Resource Center featuring work from world renowned artists and resources donated by several benefactors.
Along with a pleasant space for students to study, relax, and research information in person the Library also provides:
- In-library lendable laptops with full network access (current SCC student ID required).
- 18 desktops computers with full network access (current SCC student ID required).
- Private study carrels, large-study tables, and comfortable reading areas.
- Secure wireless Internet for personal laptops and smartphones.
- Access to the library printer when logged into a SCC Library Computer.
- Laptop Rental Agreement for current students with a current SCC ID.