Access Mobile Site
1. Bibliography page should be titled as "Works Cited." (Do not use quotation marks)
2. Sources are listed alphabetically by author's last name. If no author then by title.
3. Use full first name, then initial for middle name. Example: DiBella, Matthew J.
4. All additional lines for each citation listed should be indented to the fifth letter of the first line.
5. Double space entries on "Works Cited."
- MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers: One copy is available in the library under the call number REF LB2369 .G53 2009 (Reference only; does not circulate).
- Simon & Schuster Handbook for Writers: One copy is available in the library under the call number REF PE1408 .T696 2002 (Reference only; does not circulate).
- Harbace College Handbook: One copy is available in the library under the call number REF PE1112 .H6 1998 (Reference only; does not circulate).
with no author
Illegal Immigration: A Reference Handbook. Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO,
Inc., 2007. Print.
with one author
LeMay, Michael C. Illegal Immigration: A Reference Handbook. Santa
Barbara: ABC-CLIO, Inc., 2007. Print.
with two authors
Jones, Robert S., and John P. Patterson. A History of the Roman Empire.
New York: History Publications, Inc., 2008. Print.
- A third author can be added in the same format. Example: "... and Aaron Smith" would follow the second author.
with three or more authors
Jones, Robert S., et al. A New History of the Roman Empire. New York:
History Publications, Inc., 2008. Print.
an edited book
Andrews, Christopher, ed. Issues in Nursing Today. New York: Medical
Publications, Inc., 2008. Print.
Shaver, Buy. Moving the Eye Through 2-D Design. Bristol: Intellect, 2011.
ebrary. Web. 24 Jan. 2012.
- Use these author rules for all other MLA Citations.
- When listing multiple authors, put them in alphabetical order by last name.
Anderson, Kurt. "1848: When America Came of Age." Time 19 Mar. 2007:
McBride, Kimberly & Schoenbeck, Susan L. "Hypodermoclysis: Easy,
Safe, Cost-effective." The Journal of Practical Nursing 60.1
(Spring 2010): 7-8. Print.
Rahdert, Mark C. "Of Personality and Principle: 'The Supreme Court'."
Chronicle of Higher Education 53.22 (2 Feb. 2007): 14-15.
Academic Search Premier. Web. 9 June 2009.
Dunham, Will. "Immense Ice Deposits Found at South Pole of Mars."
Yahoo! News. 15 Mar. 2007. Web. 9 June 2009.
an online encyclopedia (*From www.wikipedia.org)
"Plagiarism." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 9 June 2009. Web.
15 May 2012.
Rabbit-Proof Fence. Dir. Philip Noyce. Perf. Everlyn Sampi, Tianna
Sansbury, Laura Monahan. Miramax, 2003. DVD.
Catholicism: the Unpredictable Rise of Rome. Films Media Group,
2009. Films on Demand. Web. 10 April 2012.
entire Encyclopedia or Dictionary
Lee, Sandra, ed. The Encyclopedia of the Middle East. London: Royal
Publications, Inc., 2007. Print.
entry in an encyclopedia
Marks, Sarah. "Leonard Euler." Great Mathematicians in History. Ed.
William Stevenson. New York: Learning, 2004. Print.
with no author
"Local Town Parade to be Held on September 4th." Today's Sunbeam. 15
July 2008: A9. Print.
with one author
Grant, Mary J. "Local High School Football Team Wins Area
Championship." Today's Sunbeam. 5 Dec. 2008: C4, C7.
letter to the editor
Smith, Andrea A. Letter. Philadelphia Inquirer 4 Mar. 2009: A13. Print.
Smith, Margaret. Personal interview. 4 Mar. 2008.
Jones, Martin. Telephone interview. 9 June 2009.
- When stating information, facts, figures, or someone else's opinion from a source in the text of a research paper, use a parenthetical citation to protect yourself from plagiarism. (See example below.)
General Patton moved his advancing 3rd Army north to relieve the American troops surrounded at Bastogne (McAdams 325).
Apr. 12th, Apr. 18th
Apr. 19th, Apr. 26th
Mon - Thurs
8:30AM - 6:30PM
8:30AM - 4:30PM
8:00AM - 12:00PM
SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS
(unless otherwise noted)