Access Mobile Site
1. Bibliography page should be titled as "Works Cited." (Do not use quotation marks)
2. Sources are listed alphabetically by author's last name. If no author then by title.
3. Use initials for an author, creator, or editor's first name.
4. All additional lines for each citation listed should be indented to the fifth letter of the first line. (Not shown on this Web page).
5. Do not double space entries on "Works Cited."
6. If no date is given use (n.d.).
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association: Two copies are located in the library under call number REF BF76.7 .P83 2001 (Reference only; does not circulate).
with no author
Illegal immigration: A reference handbook. (2007). Santa aaaBarbara, CA: ABC-CLIO, Inc.
with one author
LeMay, M. C. (2007). Illegal immigration: A reference handbook. Santa aaaaBarbara, CA: ABC-CLIO, Inc.
with two authors
Jones, R. S. & Patterson, J. P. (2008). A history of the Roman Empire. aaaaNew York, NY: History Publications, Inc.
with three authors
Jones, R. S., Patterson, J. P., & Sanderson, M. (2008). A new history of the aaaaRoman Empire. London, England: Royal Publications, Inc.
Andrews, C. (Ed.). (2008). Issues in nursing today. New York, NY: Medical aaaaPublications, Inc.
Shaver, B. (2011). Moving the eye through 2-D Design. Retrieved from http://site.ebrary.com/lib/salemcc/docDetail.action?docID= 10432132
- If more than six authors, then after the sixth author use: "Smith, J., et al."
- When listing multiple authors, put them in alphabetical order by last name.
- Major cities such as New York, Chicago, London, and Paris do not need to be followed by state or country initials.
- Use these author rules for all other citation entries.
Anderson, K. (2007, March 19). 1848: When America came of age. Time, aaaa44(12), 72-74.
Rahdert, M. C. (2007, February 2). Of personality and principal: 'The aaaaSupreme Court'.Chronicle of Higher Education, 53(2), 14-15. aaaaRetrieved from Academic Search Premier.
Dunham, W. (2007, March 15). Immense ice deposit found at south pole aaaaof Mars. Retrieved from http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070315 /ts_nm/mars_water_dc
an online encyclopedia (*From www.wikipedia.org)
Plagiarism. (2004, July 22). In Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. aaaaRetrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism
- If no author or creator can be found, start with title then date of publication or last update.
Winter, J. (Producer), & Noyce, P. (Director). (2003). Rabbit-proof fence aaaa[Motion Picture]. United States: Miramax.
Films Media Group. (2009). Catholicism: The Unpredictable Rise of aaaaRome. [Video file]. Films on Demand. Retrieved from aa aaaahttp://digital.films.com/PortalPlaylist.aspx?aid=11896&xtid aaaa=44763
entire Encyclopedia or Dictionary
Lee, S. (Ed.). (2007). The Encyclopedia of the Middle East (5th ed., Vols. aaaa1-5). London,England Royal Publications, Inc.
entry in an encyclopedia
Marks, S. (2008). Leonard Euler. In Great mathematicians in history (Vol. aaaa2, pp. 201-203). New York, NY: Learning Publications, Inc.
with no author
Local town parade to be held on September 4th. (2008, July 15). Today's aaaaSunbeam, p. A9
with one author
Grant, M. J. (2008, December 5). Local high school football team wins aaaaarea championship. The New Journal, p. C4, C7.
letter to the editor
Smith, A. (2008, March 4). How to improve roads in today's economy aaaaa[Letter to the editor]. Philadelphia Inquirer, p. A13.
- Interviews are not to be listed on your "Works Cited" page. Use parenthical citations for referencing an interview. (See example below.)
Assemblywoman Margaret Smith said that she would not vote on the bill to raise state income tax in 2010 (M. Smth, personal communication, March 4, 2008).
- When stating information, facts, figures, or someone else's opinion from a source in the text of a research paper use a parenthetical citation to protect yourself from plagiarism. (See example below.)
General Patton moved his advancing 3rd Army north to relieve the American troops surrounded at Bastogne (McAdams, 2007, p. 325).
Apr. 12th, Apr. 18th
Apr. 19th, Apr. 26th
Mon - Thurs
8:30AM - 6:30PM
8:30AM - 4:30PM
8:00AM - 12:00PM
SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS
(unless otherwise noted)