fbpx Qualifying for Veteran Benefits | Salem Community College

Qualifying for Veteran Benefits

To qualify for veterans' benefits, you must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program. If you are entering Salem Community College for the first time and believe you are eligible for veterans' educational assistance, apply at the Office of Veterans Affairs. The office has both day and evening hours to ensure access to all veteran students seeking information and assistance.

You will be required to submit a copy of your separation papers (DD 214) with your application. It normally takes eight weeks to receive the first payment following submission of the application package and certification of enrollment.

The Office of Veterans Affairs will serve as your focal point of contact. The staff is sensitive to the needs and problems faced by veterans returning to school, and strive to assure each veteran a successful academic experience.

To apply for benefits online go to: http://www.gibill.va.gov/apply-for-benefits/application