Tuition scholarships are available to individuals who plan to enroll at SCC, as well as currently enrolled students. Scholarships are awarded for academic excellence, financial need and other designated reasons. The complete list of scholarships and applications are available online in the Scholarship Booklet or in the Admissions Office.
Applying for a Salem Community College Scholarship
By Monday, June 29, 2020, all students applying for Salem Community College scholarships must complete the following steps:
1. If you haven’t already done so, complete the application for admission to Salem Community College.
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov.
3. To start the scholarship process, go to salemcc.edu. Click “Current Students,” select “Online Service
Portal” and choose the AWARDSPRING icon.
4. Write a personal statement of need (go to the “ESSAY AND REFERENCE REQUIREMENTS” tab in
AWARDSPRING). Describe your educational and career goals, explain why you deserve a scholarship
(e.g. GPA, extracurricular activities, community service and personal circumstances), and share how a
scholarship award from the SCC Foundation will help you achieve your goals.
5. Upload a letter of recommendation to the “LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION” tab in AWARDSPRING. The letter must be from an educational professional or a community member not related to you. This individual should offer insight into your academic abilities and personal qualities of dedication and leadership.
6. If you are a current high school student, have a copy of your high school transcript sent directly to SCC at the address below. If you’re a transferring student from another college, have transcripts of all college-level courses sent directly to SCC at the address below. Current SCC students will be evaluated on the basis of their SCC transcript on file.
Send all materials to: SCC Scholarship Committee/Financial Aid Office
Salem Community College
460 Hollywood Avenue
Carneys Point, NJ 08069
Priority will be given to students who apply by June 29, 2020. Scholarship recipients will be notified starting on August 1. Scholarships will continue to be awarded as funds are available. Students applying for scholarships must complete the FAFSA. Scholarships are intended to help students successfully complete their SCC education and can be applied toward direct educational expenses only (tuition, fees and books). The amount of any scholarship will be determined after all federal and state grant aid has been deducted from the student’s direct educational expenses. Students will receive an SCC financial aid award letter that details their financial aid and eligible scholarship award amounts. Final awards will not be determined until total costs and available financial aid grants are calculated. If a student’s educational expenses do not exceed the total of his/her federal, state and outside scholarship/grant aid, a student may not have a need for scholarship funds.
Samuel H. Jones, Jr. Scholarship Grant - In Memory of Henry Paulding
The Samuel H. Jones Jr. Scholarship Grant offers one-year scholarships to aid in the payment of educational expenses for students attending Rowan University, Salem Community College, Salem County Vocational Techinical School or Gloucester County Vocational School. Students applying for this scholarship must either be graduates of Woodstown High School in Woodstown, NJ or children of employees of SJ Transportation Co. in Woodstown, NJ at the time of the award and have graduated from a high school in the state of New Jersey. Criteria for award selections will be based on grade performance as well as any school/after school activity history provided, with priority going to those demonstrating financial need.
All applications for Samuel H. Jones scholarship should be mailed to:
Samuel H. Jones Jr. Scholarship
Attn: Melissa Krepps
PO Box 7989
Lancaster, PA 17602