Thank you for your interest in Salem Community College’s selective admissions programs! Admissions for these in-demand programs is competitive and requires additional steps for acceptance, beyond SCC’s requirements for general admissions.
SCC offers both a Practical Nursing (P.N.) Certificate and an Associate Degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) program. For information on applying to SCC’s Nursing programs, please visit the Nursing Center webpage.
Nuclear Energy Technology (NET)
SCC’s NET program is a selective, Fall-only admissions program. Students wishing to apply for a seat in the program must demonstrate college level math and English readiness through any of the following ways:
- Earned 540 or above in English Critical Reading portion of the SAT’s within the past 3 years.
- Earned 530 or above in Math portion of the SAT’s within the past three years.
- Appropriate placement score on the Accuplacer placement test.
- Successful completion of ENG 098 at SCC, if needed according to Accuplacer scores.
- Successful completion of MAT 095 at SCC, if needed according to Accuplacer scores.
- Successful transfer of English Composition I or appropriate CLEP credit to SCC.
- Successful transfer of a college-level math course or appropriate CLEP credit to SCC.
- Successful graduation from high school within the past five calendar years with an overall GPA of 3.00 (or higher) – Official high school transcripts must be provided to SCC.
Seats in the program are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis once a student meets all requirements for NET admissions. To begin the application process you can apply online or in the Admissions Office (DON-101). Students will then receive a secondary application packet in the mail containing more information on applying to the NET program.
For further questions, please feel free contact us!
Scientific Glass Technology (SGT)