Salem Community College places great emphasis on opportunity and therefore encourages all students to take advantage of the programs that are best suited to their interests and goals. Students can choose from programs leading to a degree, a certificate or professional development certificate. SCC also offers noncredit programs for professional growth or personal enrichment.
The Office of Enrollment and Recruitment, Admissions and Registration provides services, programs and information designed to help you meet your educational goals, including:
- Pre-Admissions Advising is the first step in helping you determine your academic goals and develop and educational plan.During a one on one interview with an Admissions Officer, you will have an opportunity to explore SCC's various program offerings, and to learn more about the enrollment process including Testing, Financial Aid, Advising and Registration.
- Student Recruiter/Ambassador are currently enrolled students who are enthusiastic, articulate, well - rounded and willing to commit to training in-order to effectively promote the College's programs and services. They assist with on-campus events such as orientation, registration, campus tours, open houses and commencement. Student Recruiters/Ambassadors also represent the College at local high schools and community recruitment events and provide pre-admission advisement to students interested in attending Salem Community College. The Student Recruiter/Ambassadors are carefully selected from students eligible for the federal work-study program; however volunteers are welcome.
- International Student Admissions is for those students who are seeking admission under F-1 student visa status. An International Student Advisor is ready to help you understand immigration regulations and so that you can easily navigate the admissions process at SCC.
- Transcript Evaluation is required of all students who have attended another college or university seeking to have college credit transferred. All successfully completed coursework may be used toward your degree or certificate program at SCC. An Official College Transcript must be submitted to the Admissions Office from each institution attended.
- Selective Admissions to Nursing, Health Science and Glass programs are required of all students interested in pursuing degrees Nursing, Dental Hygiene, Physical Therapist Assistant, Respiratory Care, Surgical Technology and Scientific Glass Technology.Students must meet with an Admissions Officer to learn of prerequisite requirements and the selective admissions process.
- New Student Orientation is mandatory for all degree or certificate seeking students enrolling at SCC for the first time. Orientation is designed to help students make a seamless transition to college life. Students may participate in an in person or online session.
- High School Early Enrollment Program allows students who are currently enrolled in high school and have achieved academic excellence to enroll in college courses at SCC.Students must have a C+ (2.5) average, meet ACCUPLACER test score requirements, a recommendation from the principal or guidance counselor and permission from a parent or guardian to participate. Ask a SCC Recruiter or contact us more information.