Salem Community College places great emphasis on opportunity and therefore encourages all students to take advantage of the programs that are best suited to their interests and goals. Students can choose from programs leading to a degree, a certificate or professional development certificate. SCC also offers noncredit programs for professional growth or personal enrichment.
The Office of Enrollment Management provides services, programs and information designed to help you meet your educational goals, including:
- Pre-Admissions Advising is the first step in helping you determine your academic goals and develop and educational plan.During a one on one interview with an Admissions Officer, you will have an opportunity to explore SCC's various program offerings, and to learn more about the enrollment process including Testing, Financial Aid, Advising and Registration.
- International Student Admissions is for those students who are seeking admission under F-1 student visa status. An International Student Advisor is ready to help you understand immigration regulations and so that you can easily navigate the admissions process at SCC.
- Transcript Evaluation is required of all students who have attended another college or university seeking to have college credit transferred. All successfully completed coursework may be used toward your degree or certificate program at SCC. An Official College Transcript must be submitted to the Office of Enrollment Management from each institution attended.
- Selective Admissions students must meet with an advisor to learn of prerequisite requirements and the selective admissions process, such as Nursing, Scientific Glass Technology, and Nuclear Energy Technology.
- New Student Orientation is mandatory for all degree or certificate seeking students enrolling at SCC for the first time. Orientation is designed to help students make a seamless transition to college life.
- High School Early Enrollment Program allows students who are currently enrolled in high school and have achieved academic excellence to enroll in college courses at SCC. Students must meet ACCUPLACER test score requirements, have a recommendation from the principal or guidance counselor and permission from a parent or guardian to participate. Ask an SCC Recruiter or contact us more information.